Friday, January 16, 2015

Senior Production Week one

Sadly my team didn't go forward semester, but I joined a great team WeLoveNuclearArmageddon and in this first week have gotten straight to work. I originally met with programmer Alex a couple days ago to start to look at how he encapsulated unity. As the group uses Unity as what is played the calling uses almost no Unity calls rather a layer on top of it that Alex wrote. With this I need to familiarize myself with the code and been meeting and fooling around within the project itself. This week I have fully tackled the event system and how to use specific calls. Some that send events just to its group and other that send to all active classes and object. This allows events to be sent for multiple reasons and have a couple reactions. As well we have just got the AI character to realize its his turn and end it. Now it has been started to move in the base AI class before we get into the factions having different weights and objects. Now looking forward in the week to come I want to start working with its decisions on buildings the locations and why. I am currently most excited to work with the missile targeting, which I believe will be a several week process. Overall I am very excited to get underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment