Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 4

Moving towards this week the goal was to get the basic works for everything into the game. The AI now has total control over everything. As we move forward now I can focus on using a different Algorithm in order for the AI player to be a little less easy to guess. To get it all going I gave everything just and importance value and left the modifier alone at so it would not effect at all and I could check everything. This week I will push for getting the Computer to choose a building or building slot it wishes to nuke and figure out where it will be in the amount of turns a nuke will take to get to a location. Exactly how I will be going about this I am uncertain. For the first attempt, I will most likely be picking a spot than checking the following 4 and seeing how long each takes to get nuked. If the spots away is the same as the time, I would choose that location because it will collide quite well. However since we will want levels of perfection for the AI, I will also add a chance to pick the one before and after. As well as it won't use a perfect path at each section. So there is a chance it will miss, just like a player could miscalculate. After the Missiles are done, I will be sitting down with a designer and figuring out the importance values of every ability or action, and than modifiers in situations. This way they can also plan future events based off of what we have chosen. As well it will be made so the designers can go back in and change them when they want. Most likely to be loaded from an XML document that they can easily swap in and out for testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment